Thursday, December 9, 2010

Welcome!

Through years of frustrations with Drobo, I am finally sharing my thoughts with the world. It is my hope that this blog will be the definitive source for all complaints directed at the Data Robotics storage devices. I have completely given up on trying the use the Drobo. Here is my advice:


If you own a Drobo......  Buy an external drive or two, transfer all your data, and sell the Drobo for whatever you can get for it.

If you want a Drobo...... STOP. Forget it. Buy something else.

If you had a Drobo previously...... Post your experience in the comments here.

Read my future posts to learn about my experiences. My only wish is that you don't make the same mistake I did.

1 comment:

  1. im a photographer and got a drobo (400$) and 4 hardrives (200$) a couple years ago to keep all my photo
    last month i had two hard drives break down on me and was told by dashboard to replace them witch i did (200$ each) now drobo says its fine but will still not let me connect after calling drobo they got me to buy DiskWarrier to try and fix the probable (100$) witch did not fix anything

    so now im at a dead end 1500$ down the drain and 5 years of wedding photos lost and really not sure what to do next

    ReplyDelete